Friday, April 24, 2015

Polish Dill Pickle Soup


Today's recipe comes from Poland. I don't have a photo of the soup (I have added one, see the bottom of the post), but I give you a photo of the postcard that accompanied the recipe. I have been meaning to make this soup since the day I received the recipe, but I keep forgetting by the time dinner comes around. It is chilly and wet at our home in Oklahoma today (56F or 13.3C), so I think it will be perfect for dinner tonight! I am going to put out all the ingredients in advance so I don't forget again. I love potatoes and dill pickles, so I know this soup is going to be a favorite! Thinking of dill pickles, if you have not had them breaded and fried, you are seriously missing out. They are so yummy!!! Here is what I received with the postcard:

Polish Dill Pickle Soup

Ingredients:

6 cups stock (vegetable, chicken or beef)
4 large dill pickles, shredded
1/2 cup pickle juice (from the jar)
2 1/2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
2 tablespoons instant flour (since I have a wheat allergy I am going to use glutinous rice flour)
1 cup milk (and since I'm allergic to milk I'll use unsweetened cashew milk)
1 egg
2 tablespoons soft butter

Garnish:
-chopped fresh dill
-sour cream
-salt and pepper

Directions:
-In a large saucepan or soup pot with cover, combine stock, pickles, pickle liquid and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered over low heat until potatoes start to get soft (about 10 minutes).
-Combine flour and milk, add to broth, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
-Combine egg and butter and stir into broth.
-Return pot to the stove and heat through without boiling. Season with salt & pepper. Garnish with sour cream and/or dill.

Hope you like it. :)

...

Bon appetit and Happy Postcrossing!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment