Monday, June 29, 2015

Cilantro Pesto


Today's recipe for Cilantro Pesto comes from a lovely couple in Washington State, USA. They note that it comes recommended by both spouses to stay equally "kissing" sweet.

Now I've made pesto from each basil and carrot greens that I've grown in my garden, but I haven't tried it with cilantro yet and I'm very excited. I love cilantro. Now if you're still scratching your head over carrot green pesto, it reminds me a little of a curled parsley pesto. Here's a recipe: Carrot Green Pesto.

Now for the Cilantro Pesto:

Ingredients:

5 cloves garlic
1 bunch organic cilantro
1 cup sliced almonds (pine nuts are too expensive)
1/4 cup grated cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
dash cracked pepper to taste
dash sea salt to taste

Directions:

Mix ingredients in a blender until level of desired creamy or crunchy consistency.

Serve with sliced sourdough french bread, gluten-free crackers, or other medium.

Note: If you're not familiar with pesto and you're wondering what type of cheese to use, Parmesan is standard. I'm curious to try this with other cheeses though, maybe cojita?

Bon Apetit!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment